Anyone Still Use the Ampeg B410HLF?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by higain617, Oct 14, 2021 at 10:55 AM.

1. I'm needing a larger cab mainly for a practice space. It will be paired with a restored Ampeg V6-B. I used one years ago, but don't remember much about it. I've never been crazy about the SVT410HLF aside from the Heritage. The B-series were basically the cheaper alternative. It's 4-ohms meaning I can run my old boat anchor at full power.

2. sutarappa

sutarappa

Feb 26, 2007
    TX
    If you want. But, nah. The B-series was a budget gimmick in the 90s/2000s. Most of the "big" manufacturers had a budget line... Why encourage a company to give you other than their best? Their profit ain't designed to profit you. The restored V6-B sounds hot. You want more?

3. The V6-B is just a head. I need to cough up a cab for it quickly, and the used market is pretty dire.

4. musicman556

musicman556 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Smyrna, TN
    I HAD a B410HLF and still have a Heritage SVT410HLF. Not the same.

The SVT410HLF is still kinda dark, but the B4140HLF is REALLY dark, and gets woofy quick whereas the SVT410HLF stays tighter on the bottrom end. I did own both cabs for a couple years and back-to-backed them a couple times.

If you have a highpass filter I think you could maybe tame the B series and it could be a pretty good practice cab. I sold off the B series before I got a Mesa amp with HPF to test that theory, and I don't mess with pedals much so didn't try via that route either.

Happy to answer any other questions as best I can. :)

I actually have my SVT410HLF for sale here in TN, but that won't help you in WA. :-( earlier this year I had major back surgery and I'll never carry an 80lb cab again. I have moved to all neo 1 or 2 driver cabs now.

If anyone in TN is reading this and wants a 100% perfect condition Heritage SVT410HLF for a great deal, holla!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 12:49 PM
  5. Thanks for the info @musicman556 I can probably brighten it up easily. It has the ultra-brite and EQ switches like a 70's SVT.

6. musicman556

musicman556 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Smyrna, TN
    You'd think so... come back and let us know how it actually works out. ;)

The 10" drivers in the B series don't quite make it faithfully up to the crossover for the tweeter, methinks. Leaves quite a gap that I couldn't overcome with eq.

7. I'm hoping to try it tomorrow, so I'll report back.

musicman556 likes this.
  8. It's a little dark but I was able to EQ a good tone. Tried it out with an old 800RB, and I had to turn on the Lo Cut.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021