Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone still wearing gloves?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by gazman_res, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Abit 80'ish, still flashy, but i was wondering if anyone still wears 'em when performing/jammin etc.. :hyper:

2. Personally I've never found that wearing gloves while playing bass really works...seems like it inhibits your movement too much.

3. i would never be albe to play with gloves, long sleeves bother me enough heh

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    All the hardcore kids are wearing gloves these days. What once was considered 80s fashion crimes is now high fashion, and what once was considered womens clothing is now unisex.

5. i find what charlie murphy said in the chappelles show prince skit to sum it all down "the guys who looked like the biggest bItch scored all the chicks"

cough metro tight pink shirts cough

6. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    It's like int Woddy's "Sleeper". Decades from now we'll be smoking and eating tons of chocolate after they dicover it's in fact good for our health!

ANDRUCA

7. good lord, i dont know whats hotter smith or the jazz!

8. rhonda of course

9. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    heath and brendan.

please do not refer to these kids as hardcore kids. only gloves you should see a guy in a hardcore band wear while they are playing is like this.

[​IMG]

those are hardcore kids. the kids you are seeing at shows nowadays are fashioncore kids with the girl pants and tight shirts. they should not be looked at as hc kids.

i edited this because it was kind of confusing.

10. fasion core? looks more like a bunch of hillbillys, bogans, bums and tools to me

11. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Here we go with the genre thing again...

Ray

12. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i worded it wrong.

the picture is a picture of the 80's hardcore band warzone, singer raybeez used to wear work gloves at shows. kinda the 'blue collar hc" thing.

the fasioncore kids, are defintely not like those dudes.

also, i guess it is a genre thing, i just hate when these fruit baskets get put in the same category as people like me and my friend.

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    [​IMG]

14. at least they're not metros, :smug:

seriuously...do those guys think they look good for wearing tight pink shirts, gelling up their mullets and bleachin the tips and wearing pre-faded jeans? :scowl:

15. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    honestly, if i had my choice of who i would like to be associated with, its a metro. for one, metro's dress really well, and have style.

girl pants, tight shirts, and bad hair cuts is defintely worse. especially here.

16. i still stick by the south park episode of the queer eye/metros....

ive got nothing against them, one of my best mates is full into it....but i just find the clothing really funny, still, IMO dressing like a b*tch isnt really good fasion

17. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah, -10 for dudes who dress like girls.

18. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Man did they have a really bad lice epidemic in that pic or somthing? :eyebrow:

19. must of been the trend back then......"everybody pees their pants, its the coolest" "well if peeing your pants is the coolest then im miles davis"....ahh billy madison..

thats who that singer guy reminds me of