Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone stuffed active EMGs in their Steinberger Spirit?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by HeavyDuty, Feb 28, 2001.

1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Has anyone out there actually upgraded their Steinberger Spirit to active EMG-HBs? I know the pickups themselves are supposed to be a true drop-in, but how is the electronic compartment space for some of the more advanced stuff, like a BTC system or one of the various BQS setups? Is there enough room for two 9v batteries in the compartment, or should I go ahead and order the twin battery box from Stew-Mac? (Luckily, I have a friend who's a hobby woodworker that can do the routing for the box.)

I very much like the EMGs in my uncle's Hugh Manson fretless, and, after the comments I've been reading here and elsewhere about the "quality" (or lack thereof) of the stock EMG Selects, I've decided to just bite the bullet and upgrade ASAP. The XT-2 isn't here yet (Friday, I hope!), but I'm trying to get a jump on the project. I want to see what experiences others have had.

Thanks!