anyone there with a forest?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Tomek, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Tomek

May 11, 2003
    i started building basses and guitars by my own 3 years ago, with good results on standard and famous instruments shapes like stratocaster. now my son ("tomek") has asked me for a "esp forest-like" bass (similar to that of those guy from slayer:
    i think it's a pretty shape but i don't know how to do the back. shall i do it symmetrical to the front? if anyone has photos of the back of this esp bass or has advices, post it here or mail me at
  2. JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    I'd just do the back with a belly contour of some sort, and maybe make the horns symmetrical with the front. But for the butt-end of the guitar...........who knows. I have never seen the back of one of these guitars before, but I do believe that making the horns symmetrical would be very aesthetically pleasing.
  3. Tomek

May 11, 2003
    ok thanks for the photos they've been very useful
  4. Tomek

May 11, 2003
    anyway, if someone want to give other advice with photos or not is welcome here... maybe i'll post links to the photos i'll make during my working
  5. We'd all love to see them. Good luck.
  6. KSB - Ken Smith

KSB - Ken Smith Banned Commercial User

Mar 1, 2002
    Perkasie, PA USA
    Owner: Ken Smith Basses, Ltd.
    Do you want the leaves, branches, bugs, insects and wildlife too, or Just the Lumber? Sorry, I couldn't resist...