Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone tried a Behringer Ultrabass Subharmonic Synth unit in their rig?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Anarchyok, May 28, 2005.

1. hey guys..hope there isn't a thread already but couldn't see one....

I've seen a Behringer Ultrabass Pro Subharmonic Synth, which apparently is mainly used in PA systems as a bit of a bass kick enhancer....anyone tried running it in their effects loop of bass rig?

Reason i ask is i want something sexy in my rack space in my swr workinmans, and i can get it cheap...i know behringer is low end gear but am interested in trying it since its so cheap....
    cheers

2. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    Behringer pro audio and rack stuff is usually pretty good to excellent for the money. It's their pedals and multieffects that are usually pretty bad.

I can't help you with your question, though. Best bet is to find a place, like GC, with a good return policy and try it out.

-Eric.

3. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    I've owned 5 peices of Behringer gear and none of them were quality. I discourage the purchase of these products.

Ted

4. thanks for the feedback. Not too hung up on the arguements of behringers quality, and not really wanting to start a pro or cons thread of Behringer, I'm more interested if this unit (or similar products) have been tried in a bass rig, and the outcomes of the testing. Does it give you a more punchy low end?? that kind of info would be appreciated.

cheers up

5. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i have behringer 120W ultrabass amp which features some ultrabass circuitry. it has a footswitch to kick it on, which is pretty cool, adds a nice low synthy vibe to the sound. ive thought about getting the rack unit for use with other amps after i move on from the current one (which might be soon as i think i fried it somehow).

6. Well i just got it, put it in the effects loop of my SWR and its quite nice!! Works kind of like a subtle octave pedal, and adds a lot of depth to the sound!! Worth the $165 Australian anyway...

7. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Cool! How low does it track? Is there any delay?

8. it tracks pretty well, although u need to use a bit of attack to get the best results :)

it can either synthesise 1 or 2 octaves below the input signal, I'm finding 2octaves below is actually more subtle, and sounds phatter, rather than just like an octave pedal. I'm yet to test it with using octave and synth effects in my ME50B but i'll post with how it sounds with effects.

9. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Does it handle chords?