Anyone tried a P-Bass "Junior"?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Keef, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Keef

Jul 3, 2003
    Hollywood, CA

That's a really short scale, shorter than a Mustang. Anyone try one yet? I wonder how these compare to the SX shorties – I like those but prefer a rosewood 'board.

(link to bass on

~ Keef

2. Keef

Jul 3, 2003
    Hollywood, CA
    I tried searching the forum but the forum's search engine does not accept two-letter search terms – so no searching for "SX" or "Jr", which makes searching for "P-Bass Jr" impossible.

I'm thinking one of these might make a good, cheap piccolo. I'm sure that someone here has tried one..?

~ K

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Try words like "short scale Fender Precision" and the like.

People could also write "Junior" instead of "jr" with future searches in mind, but that might be asking too much.
  4. Keef

Jul 3, 2003
    Hollywood, CA
    Thanks for your suggestion, Blackbird. Incidently, I did choose to write "junior" instead of "jr" to facilitate future searches.

BTW, I did try searching in the manner suggested above, but those search terms reveal any thread that contains any combination of the above words – such as "I'm a short guy, but I like the scale length of a Fender Precision"

Quoted search terms for "precision junior" revealed nothing, so I thought I'd give a new thread a shot...

~ Keef

5. bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    I saw two different women playing these in bands this summer. They sounded good, although without much of the punch of the big P. The bands I heard them in were 1) an acoustic rock band and 2) a Latin band. They sounded great in those.
  6. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I played one recently in a store. It's a real bass with a short scale. The quality was comparable to a USA P bass (yeah that's what I said), and the sound was surprising. I was planning on buying one for my son, but I almost bought it for myself!! If you need a small bass, it sounded great and plays great. I think the bass is around $350 street price
  7. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I wonder if it would be good for my 4 year old son for his birthday? He really wants a bass.