Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone tried an OD2 GUYATONE OVERDRIVE

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 33degrees, Sep 6, 2005.

1. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    just been reading about the GUYATONE OD-2 OVERDRIVE after i bought a TZ2 fuzz (which has a HUGE bass tone) and it says that its got the brown mod in so many words ie. fulltone bassdriver, could this be the one????

2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Yeah I tried it the other day hopeing for a great pedal because I really do like the guyatone stuff. It just plain blew, added loads of hiss and treble, was difficult to get a little bit of grit and then it had to much, I really wanted to like this pedal but it was awful.

On another note ther HD-2 Harmonic Distortion is a beautiful pedal if you looking for a distortion ;)

Hope this helps

3. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    tellme more!! does it retain the low end well? is it like a Tube screamer?

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    No it lost loads of bass, like I said it added lots of treble and hiss, it was not the sort of pedal I'd like to leave on you know for that kinda SVT grit sound.

The Harmonic Distortion didn't lose much low end at all, like I said fantastic pedal. But not really an overdrive.