Anyone tried Ashdown EVO 900?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bobbybass, Aug 6, 2005.

1. bobbybass

Aug 6, 2005
    Hello guys, First-time poster here - I'm looking to upgrade my bass head - I've been using an old Fender...But I've heard great stuff about Ashdown and I'm watching this EVO 900 on ebay:

Should I try to get it? Only at $560 right now with less than a day, and I've seen them for $1299 new...Anyone have any input on the amp itself? Seems like it has enough power (575 + 575 watts), but I'm interested in how you would describe the tone...
  2. Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i have a abm500. you should only get the 900 if youre playing arenas and stadiums.
  3. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC

or bedrooms and want the options when you go out to gigs. if you want it, get it. ive got one and its awsome. i love it. sure it might be a bit to much for in the house stuff, but when you go out to the gig where the soundman doesnt mic/di you (which for some reason happens to me a lot) it helps to have the extra 'umph'.
    lots of eq options. it will take forever to get 'that sound'. but every sound is a good one. good luck
  4. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I, too, have an ABM500RC Evo-II, but for that price, you gotta go for the ABM900! Hopefully there won't be any issues with it... :eyebrow:
  5. As an ebay hint, I stay away from those mega-power sellers with feedback in the thousands. I doubt they are actual musicians and are usually selling items that have been reconditioned or have a checkered past at best.

I stick with people who have actually owned the item and used it, not the ones who have not "tested" it or only "fired it up and can't plug it into a speaker to test it"

Those are my guidelines. - Caveat Emptor
  6. The "Search" function wil reveal probably hundreds of relevant Threads about Ashdown. :)