1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone tried Cirrus strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by waytoodeep03, Mar 2, 2005.

1. I just bought some 6 string pack at my local dealer, but I am hesitant to try them out on my Shecter Studio because I really want some fat beams but they dont sell them and they dont take returns only store credit. So before I open them(or sell on ebay) what is your opinion?

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I love them. I used to have a Cirrus and I almost always used the Cirrus strings.

I currently have a Fender P-Bass and I wanted roundwounds on it. I usually keep a lot of my old strings and I tried about half a dozen sets of my old strings on it.

The ones I have on there now? A two year old set of Cirrus strings. Though they are old, used and were on another bass, they still sound bright and I didn't even clean them.

Everyone will have their own idea about them, but I love them.

3. Surgeon

Surgeon

Mar 4, 2003
    North Dakota
    I'm fairly new to the bass, but last replaced my strings with a 5-string set of Peavey Cirrus. I think they sound great. They've lasted for several months so far and I have no complaints. But again, that's only the 3rd set of strings I've ever tried! :p

4. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I've tried them and liked them. I thought they sounded nice and even down to the B, and lasted well. The only reason I haven't used more of them is that the local Peavey dealer is a PITA to deal with.

5. I bought a used Peavey Cirrus 5 last September, and the bass came with a gig bag and two sets of Cirrus strings. I put a set on a few days after I got the bass, and they've been on ever since.

I like them.

They're just a bit on the bright side, but not nearly as bright as Roto 66s or Ernie Ball Slinkys. I wanted to get familiar with the bass with one set of strings, which is something I always do with a new bass.

I'm going to put a different brand on soon just to hear how the bass will sound with different stings, but I have absolutely no complaints about these strings, and I would buy them again.

Good luck.

Mike