Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone tried Cirrus strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by waytoodeep03, Mar 2, 2005.

1. I just bought some 6 string pack at my local dealer, but I am hesitant to try them out on my Shecter Studio because I really want some fat beams but they dont sell them and they dont take returns only store credit. So before I open them(or sell on ebay) what is your opinion?

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    I love them. I used to have a Cirrus and I almost always used the Cirrus strings.

I currently have a Fender P-Bass and I wanted roundwounds on it. I usually keep a lot of my old strings and I tried about half a dozen sets of my old strings on it.

The ones I have on there now? A two year old set of Cirrus strings. Though they are old, used and were on another bass, they still sound bright and I didn't even clean them.

Everyone will have their own idea about them, but I love them.

3. I'm fairly new to the bass, but last replaced my strings with a 5-string set of Peavey Cirrus. I think they sound great. They've lasted for several months so far and I have no complaints. But again, that's only the 3rd set of strings I've ever tried! :p

4. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I've tried them and liked them. I thought they sounded nice and even down to the B, and lasted well. The only reason I haven't used more of them is that the local Peavey dealer is a PITA to deal with.

5. I bought a used Peavey Cirrus 5 last September, and the bass came with a gig bag and two sets of Cirrus strings. I put a set on a few days after I got the bass, and they've been on ever since.

I like them.

They're just a bit on the bright side, but not nearly as bright as Roto 66s or Ernie Ball Slinkys. I wanted to get familiar with the bass with one set of strings, which is something I always do with a new bass.

I'm going to put a different brand on soon just to hear how the bass will sound with different stings, but I have absolutely no complaints about these strings, and I would buy them again.

Good luck.

Mike