Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone tried NEO bass speakers ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jammin'John, Sep 25, 2004.

1. They LOOK very interesting .
    Bass rigs are big & heavy and NEO speakers could help a lot !!!!!!!!!!
    I wonder how they sound & if they are tough !!

JJ

2. Yeah I've got a Markbass 4x10 and it sounds fantastic and is very light (55lbs). But they're not cheap, I paid 800GBP for it which is pricey.

I think the technology has been around for a while but the early Neo speakers suffered from overheating, but obviously sorted now.

I don't know if there is any sonic advantage to Neo speakers. I think it's just a weight thing. I got fed up breaking my back lifting heavy cabs in and out of the car boot so for me the extra expense was worthwhile.

As for reliability, I play very heavily. I have no technique to speak of, I just beat the **** out of my strings and the Markbass seems quite happy with it, but as I've only had it two months I suppose only time will tell.

3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I don't think that they have been mentioned on this site. Ever.
    *cough**search**cough* :p ;)

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sweet Joe, just sweet. :D

5. very subtle :D

6. How about a sensible reply?

7. jgbass

jgbass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
    Just do a search on Neo Cabs. Thread posted this week with title of GK Neo Cabs. Heard them last weekend. Liked them so much I ordered some. :)

8. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    That was a sensible reply. :smug: ;) If he doesn't feel like using the search feature (which is best IMO), all he has to do is scroll down the next few pages in this forum.

9. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Here. Not that hard. :p :cool:

10. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia