Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone tried the Ashdown mini 112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Apr 23, 2002.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    How does it sound and compare to other 12´s and other Ashdowncabs?

2. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    More of a question added to your question Jock. I'm actually looking at the Ashdown Electric Blue 115 as a second amp, portable option to my Trace rig for smaller gigs or where I just want a monitor and also for practice!!!!

I can get one for £289 (about $400) from my usual place. I'm gonna give it a shot before I buiy and see what else they have similar power/price range. This will be in addition to a fairly good deal I have worked that I will detail in miscellaneous. So any feedback for us hopeful soon to be Ashdown owners???

3. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Hi,
    I've been using one of these all week (the 112) at our local recording studio.
    For such a small (Physically) combo it has a great sound.
    At first I thought it was a little "toppy" for my taste until I used the "deep" function.
    They are also seriously loud!

4. Bigwan

Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    Hi Jock

I haven't tried one yet but you should speak to Steve Lawson - he recommended the 112 mini to me to go along with my ashdown ABM 110 300w combo... He played through a 'mini' stack at NAMM (ABM 500w head, Mini 4x8" cab, Mini 1x12" cab) and he spoke really favorably about it!

Have a look at this thread:-
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40282[/URL]