1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

anyone tried the ashdown Spyder 550 yet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pablo basso, Apr 19, 2010.

1. pablo basso

pablo basso

Dec 11, 2009
    Luxembourg
    Has anyone tried the Ashdown Spyder 550 yet? I am looking for a new head to power my ABM 210 and 115 and the description of the Spyder sounds like it could be a real rockin' amp...

2. rogypop

rogypop

Jan 10, 2009
    Croatia
    bump

3. Bump! Anyone tried this head out yet? Looks quite interesting....

4. One2Millions

One2Millions

Feb 26, 2010
    They havent even started shipping them yet

5. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

Jan 27, 2008
    UK
    bumped again on your behalf!

I'm interested in this too...looking at either this or the ABM 500

6. I've tried one for about 10 minutes in a shop sometime last year. From what i can remember it sounded quite like the ABM's i had heard, and was definately to my liking. Sorry i can't go into any more detail as it was about 6 months ago so my memory of it isnt too good.

Liam

7. boristhespider7

boristhespider7

Jan 27, 2008
    UK
    Actually got to try one the other day and yes i found it like the ABM too with a little more warmth and break up if you really drived it. I've decided the ABM is the way to go...more flexibility: selectable octaver, compressor and active EQ as well as the blend with the valve