1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone tried the BassGuitarSecrets.com method?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by bcolins, Sep 22, 2008.

1. bcolins

bcolins

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    Was searching on google for Bass Lesson Videos earlier and came across bassguitarsecrets.com and their very long description along with supposed testamonials.

a couple of books, lots of cds or DVDs.....a one year money back guarantee and he promises to turn anyone into a bass playing monster in 90 days or less.

$97 for the actual books and discs or download and print it yourself for $49.

Any opinions on it?

Brian in Austin

2. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    Impossible.

3. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    I bought the program when it was $24.99. To me, it was well worth what I paid and I still get free updates. I think if you have time to sit down with it, it is even worth the $49 asking price.

4. brivello

brivello

Jun 27, 2008
    Philadelphia

In my opinion, your money would be better spent on lessons from a professional. There is NO substitute! However, I have no experience with this particular service. good luck.

5. EclecticElectrk

EclecticElectrk

Aug 26, 2008
    Brooklyn
    i dont know anything about it, but all those 'get good quick or your money back' things seem phony to me. ...'Or ill eat my pentium!" B******t. there is no better way to get good then to practice.

6. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    That should set alarm bells ringing immediatly. :rolleyes:

I'll give you the one and only "secret" to being a good bass player for free..............

practice

7. rice128

rice128

Mar 20, 2008
    +10^999999999 Only way to get better is to practice....

8. onlyclave

onlyclave

Oct 28, 2005
    Seattle
    *Ahem*

"It's a process that took me years to perfect and get into a form I can fully explain for someone else to copy, but now that I've boiled it down into a logical, paint-by-numbers system (called CG-X), I'd like to share it with you today to help squash your learning curve like a brick hitting a bug, and get you playing performance-level bass in the fastest time possible!"

That is a load of crap. I believe that 'CG-X' stands for 'Cash Generator - Xtreme!' which is what this dude is making on dumb suckers. Skip this one. Actually, skip any program that promises to reveal the secrets of anything. There aren't any secrets.

9. I bought this program... did it help me? yes and no. There were no real short cuts to be honest... You still had to memorise modes, scales, intervals, lots and lots of theory. Some good licks, jam track software... etc. I think it was a good start to trying to learn some theory, but in the end the promise of fast tracking my skills didn't eventuate. Secret is to practice?... but practice what?? that's the question really. In the end I have gone back to getting myself an instructor, going back to learning how to read music too... no shortcuts IMO... if there really were it prob wouldnt be worth doing.

10. great point

11. I think you can learn bits & peices from all literature / cd's etc. thats out there, and throw it in your memory/ skills rep., but can obviously get expensive and sometimes not worth it from the little you MAY learn. If cash isnt a problem, buy all you can, while continuing to practice. I rarely buy learning aides but I always take away something from it when I do.