Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone tried the curbow 6?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Llama's Rage, Dec 14, 2004.

1. i'm lookin for a 6 string around this price and so far i am very impressed with what people have to say....anyone had any experiences with it?

2. Yeah, I've got Planet Boulder's old Cort Curbow 6. It's pretty good for what I use it for... chording, soloing, sight reading practice, etc.... the neck is fast, with a nice, thin profile. The body is really small and will fall off your leg if you play it without a strap. It seems very well made, all of the hardware is rock solid and works just as it should. It has 17mm string spacing, which is pretty standard for a six. The Bartolini MK-1 electronics give it nice, balanced tone. It doesn't have a "woody" tone, because the body is made of the composite Luthite. It's kind of hi-fi, to use that overused term.

I no longer use it with my band because my G&L sounds so much better for that purpose. I think the Cort Curbow 6 is a good bass for funk, jazz, and stuff like that, but the tone is a little bit lacking in aggressiveness for rock. For what it costs, it is a pretty good bass and an excellent first 6 string.

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    +1

Tell the old girl i said "hi", James! :D

4. :) Will do, man.... how is the Kingston working out?