Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone tried the dbx DDP for bass only?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mesa Man, May 7, 2001.

1. Okay, heres the deal: I might get to buy a dbx DDP from a pawnshop, which probably will be a killer deal. Has anyone tried to hook it up into an effects loop? I have used it in the studio but not as just an effect. For you who doesnt know this thingy check www.dbxpro.com but shortly it has following features:
    Dual mono channels (stereo), Compression, expander, gate, limiter, deesser (yeah good for bass..:D) and eq both as series and sidechain. I think it will be great but I dont know until I tried it out thoroughly. So has anyone got some experience from this little box of wonders? Let me know!

2. Well I bought it anyways, cant wait to get to the rehearsal to really gie it a shot. It seems promising. Did a fairly good deal on it too. Not a real killer though :(

3. Robson

Robson

Feb 13, 2004
    Finland
    I've used it on one gig so far and I think it's a great piece of equipment!
    I have to admit I was a bit sceptical at first because the DDP is digital and all that, but it really works well and has a great sound!