1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone tried the Digitech EX-7 for bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mick D., Jul 18, 2007.

1. Mick D.

Mick D.

Jul 3, 2007
    Dunedin, FL
    Independent Asian Sourcing Consultant and Instrument Designer/Builder
    Has anyone played bass through this unit yet? I'm looking for something new and thought it might be the ticket.
    I'm particularly interested in the Leslie, Whammy, and Space Station functions.
    Please excuse me if I sound like an effect noobie. :oops: I usually don't have anything between the bass and the amp.

Thanks,
    Mick

2. I have not tried it, but I heard someone talking about it on another forum and he seemed to like it pretty well on bass.

3. Mick D.

Mick D.

Jul 3, 2007
    Dunedin, FL
    Thanks for the reply.

I can't believe that the only response to this question came from West Des Moines.
    I used to manage Ye Olde Guitar Shoppe in Urbandale.

4. Oh yeah? I worked at Keeper's Music for a little over a year.

5. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA

Here's another message from Iowa- this time Iowa City.

I have an EF-7, but have not yet taken the time to fully explore it. My initial impression is that the Space Station and Whammy modeling are worth the price of admission alone. Of course, it also has a several of Wah models, but I haven't gotten around to trying them yet.

There are also a bunch of built-in distortion models, which I tried in combination with the Space Station - very cool.

The potentiometers are all concentric, so there are 6 parameters to be adjusted for each patch (assuming it includes distortion). If no distortion is used, there are three adjustable parameters plus the foot pedal for each patch.

I guess I really haven't been of much help other than to give it my early seal of approval. I'll try to play with it some this weekend so I can give a better report.

6. Mick D.

Mick D.

Jul 3, 2007
    Dunedin, FL

I've never heard of Keepers but I left Des Moines to take a gig at Washburn in '86 so I would imagine that a LOT has changed.

7. Yeah, I think that Keeper's opened in the mid-90's.

8. The more I thought about this pedal, the more GAS I got for it. Is there any way that you can post some sound clips? I would especially like to hear what the space station and flanger sound like on bass and what all you can do with it.

9. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    like all of digitech's products, it's theoretically awesome. i'm not quite sure how it performs with the bass... but i will try it.

interesting note: i just read in the manual (available online) that the Whammy setting has the ever-coveted 5th-up option.
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

10. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    I'm not set up to record. In fact, my whole music rig is in pieces right now. Sorry

Do you have one?

Yes, it does.http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif ;)

11. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    not on me, no. but at work, yes. :)