Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone tried the Eagle bass series?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maxoges, Mar 3, 2001.

1. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The Eagle company has brought a lot of different models to the market. Anyone tried them?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I doubt you'll get that many replies, since they're only sold in two stores in the whole world...

I fooled around with one of their fretlessess one day, and found it had good playability, but was somewhat lacking in tone, a bit bland. Maybe I didn't try hard enough... seemed like a good bass for the money otherwise.

Just go to the store (if you can reach one in Stockholm or Gothenburg), pick one up and play. They'll be happy that you're wasting their time playing their Eagles, since it's their own line of instruments. :)

3. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Im from Stockholm, but I've been staying in Hollywood for 6 months now. I checked out the eagle basses today at sam ash by the virgin store on Sunset.
    There is a different brand name on the headstock, but a closer inspection revealed an Eagle logo on the pricetag. Eagle must sell under a different name in the US.
    I think they all right for the money though.

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I'll be damned - they're sold as what... "Brownsville"? Tres cool. I'm sure they're worth the price, inexpensive as they are. But I can't stand the headstocks...