Anyone tried the EBS MultiComp or similar?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Has anyone tried their MULTICOMP compressor pedals? I need a compressor and I'm just wondering if a stomp box is better over a rack-mount - I don't need it to be super-high-tech, but quality nonetheless, any answers....?

Cheers M
  2. mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    IMO the MultiComp is the best Pedal Compressor. I cant play withought it anymore. It just makes me sound That much better! :D

I guess a rackmount would be "higher" quality. But "All things considered" I love the MultiComp!!!

3. thanks dude - any more for any more? I'll definitely try one out - I am 100% an EBS lover- do you use their amps?
  4. I`ve had EBS multicomp in my set for 2,5 years now and I use it all the time. Everything just sounds better through it. I never use any hard compression settings, mostly something like 2:1 or 2,5:1. My bass just sounds much more better when it`s on...
  5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Great pedal. I leave mine on all the time, just for mild compression - I use the multi band feature.

Are there better rack compressors? Sure. But it's my favorite pedal comp.

If you search you'll find lots of threads discussing the multicomp.
  6. dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    I've been using a Tech21 Bass compactor for about a year with my Ashdown MAG combo and Jazz bass.
    I find it suites my playing style (99% pick) and as i dont turn it up past 1/2 way its quiet in use.
    I would like to try the EBS

7. i have serious GAS for one of those EBS pedal boards with ALL their pedals on - but failing that I want to get a phantom power cable so I don't have to keep buying batteries! I have a chorus and the MulitComp on my shopping list as fo now...
  8. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    same here, with the tech 21, but I'm itching to get my mitts on an ebs. Gas has made multiband compression seem almost as essential as strings.