Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone tried the Eden Nemesis cabs yet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DenverKen, Nov 10, 2005.

1. DenverKen

DenverKen

Dec 20, 2001
    Mile High City
    Has anyone had a chance to try these cabs from Eden? I am curious as to overall quality, loudness, tone, comparisons to the David series cabs, etc. Thanks in advance.

ken

2. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    I got a Nemsis 4x10 combo, 320 watt..
    quite good in my opinion...the only thing is that they tend to suffer at high volume, losing clarity & a bit of definition.

3. DenverKen

DenverKen

Dec 20, 2001
    Mile High City
    Thanks, Micolao. I'll push a Nemesis 410 with an Amepg SVT2PRO at medium loud volume, hopefully it will work out for me. I'm kind of committed to getting a couple of these cabs, but wanted to make sure there were no horror stories. Well, it's Eden, hwo horriable could it be? ;-)

4. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    For what its worth I did get a chance to play an Eden Nemesis 2x12 combo at a show. It was in a medium sized venue and I had PA support. I play a Spector Euro 5 and spend a lot of time on the B string - this thing handled lows very well! I could hear myself great on stage and so could my band.Unfortunately I did not get a chance to compare it to any of the original David Eden products.

5. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    i've had the Nemesis 250w 2x10 combo for about 6 months - i did have a buzzing sound coming from inside the amp after only one month use, but that was just a loose transformer in the amplifier section and was easily fixed under warranty

since you're looking at the speaker cabs, it shouldn't be an issue

one thing i have noticed is that no matter how hard i push this little thing, it DOES NOT break up of fart out! :bassist:

6. getz76

getz76

Apr 3, 2005
    Hoboken, NJ
    I have a new generation NC210 that I purchased before the sale to Washburn, but was delivered (12 months later) from the Washburn factory.

It's a great combo, but I paid $550 NEW for the combo (old Eden prices).

I think, for the price they're asking, these cabinets don't hold up to some of the alternatives. The NSP210 is about $440 new. A bit more will put you into a SWR Goliath III Jr., which I think is a better cabinet.

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've done a billion gigs with my Nemisis 410 cab. It's a very loud cab that cuts through the other instruments very well. I almost bought the David series 410 but it was so darn heavy I could barely get off the ground. The Nemi is half the weight and has a comparable sound. Maybe not quite as loud, and maybe a little shy on the lows compared to big brother, but the weight and price make it excellent value.

I've moved on to other things now but I keep it as a backup.

8. I demo'd a Nemesis 210 alongside the Eden Metro DC-210XLT when I was looking for an amp. In my opinion, the Metro vastly out-performed the Nemesis. With everything set flat, the Metro was warmer and fuller, which was the kind of sound I was looking for. I could never get that warmth with the Nemesis, though I'm sure it suits a number of players' tastes. It just didn't do it for me. The Metro is quite large, bulky, and heavy, though. The Nemesis was small and compact. I'll be selling my Metro soon enough to help fund a lighter, more-powerful rig. It'll hurt to say goodbye, as the Metro is, tonally-speaking, everything I could ever want.

9. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    I have had a Nemesis 210 for a few years now. I have played it in all kinds of conditions and it is wonderful for the performing musician

10. DenverKen

DenverKen

Dec 20, 2001
    Mile High City
    Good input, 'preciate it. My thing is the weight. I want to go as light as I can without losing too much tone, so I figured Eden would be a good choice. The NSP410 weighs 50lbs, the SWR Goliath III 4x10 weighs 89.

We'll see how it works out, I have an NSP410 being drop-shipped to me from Eden right now, and I will post some comments on its performance after I gig with it next weekend.

I had a Metro 7 years ago and the tone was to die for. Unfortunately the weight was to die *from*, so I let it go. I do miss that amp. I might pick up a WT550 Traveler to go with that NSP410 eventually.

Denver Ken

11. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    The NSP410 is what I've got. If you ever decide to add a second cab, I found mine worked very well with an Eden 210XLT. They weigh the same (even though the Eden is physically much smaller), and blend together nicely. And talk about LOUD! This combo could overpower Medium sized PA's with a mere 400w amp.

I just remembered something - if you find the protection light bulb seems to come on too early, let me know. I've worked out a cheap and easy remedy for this. With any luck, Eden may have already addressed this.

12. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Be careful of the weight. Eden unfortunately made some errors on the weights of several of their products, and are in the process of re-weighing them. Do a search on weight over on the Eden forum. For example, the NSP210, which is advertised at 35 pounds, actually weighs 50. I don't see how they can make the NSP410 also weigh 50. Another example is the DC112XLT combo, which they advertise as 49 pounds, but is actually 60+ (I know: I own one and have weighed it on several scales) ...

That being said, I did own an NSP210 and an NSP212 for a while, and they were excellent cabinets. Most of the specs, I believe, are accurate, but a few are *very* low relative to the actual weight. The Nemesis stuff is, though, definitely much lighter than the David series gear.

Best Regards,

13. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    According to my scales, my Nemisis 410 weighs 30Kg (66 pounds). That's still pretty light.

My Eden 210XLT also weighs 30Kg so, it's safe to say the Eden 410 would weigh double that. In other words, the Nemisis 410 is half the weight of it's David series counterpart.

14. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Good to know a figure, Petebass, thanks. So it does weigh a good chunk more than the published 50 pounds, but significantly less than the David series ...

Thanks for the weigh-in!

15. DenverKen

DenverKen

Dec 20, 2001
    Mile High City
    Wow, thanks Liam and Pete. I thought 50lbs for a 4x10 was too good to be true, but 66 is not bad either. I know Flite makes a 50lb 4x10, but I had a Flite in a 2x15 config for awhile and it wasn't very sturdy. I can deal with 15 extra pounds, I just don't wanna go into the 95lb range.

Denver Ken

16. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    If you can deal with the true weight, I think you'll be pleased with the cab. The Nemesis stuff really is d***ed fine gear! And ultra-sturdy to boot. Good Luck!

17. DenverKen

DenverKen

Dec 20, 2001
    Mile High City
    Thanks, I'm looking foward to it!

-Ken

18. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I used to have a Nemesis 210 for my practice cab, and it was certainly more than enough for that purpose. But when I brought it out to a wedding party gig (indoors, banquet-hall) with maybe 200 noisy guests, I couldn't hear what note I was playing. I could hear the bass, it wasn't a volume issue, but the notes became an inarticulate mush. And I wasn't drinking! Other cabs are more articulate in that type of noisy environment.