Anyone tried the Eden Nemesis NA650?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowendpurveyor, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have one (well sorta, more on that in a sec). Overall, very impressed. A LOT of amp for the money. The back of the amp differs from what they have on their site. It actually has 2 speakon outputs vs one shown in the pic and the layout is different on the back as well. The quoted weight of 18 lbs is off. It more in the low to mid 20's.

Mine had one issue, the "edge" control did not appear to work. the edge control is a new Eden/Nemesis feature which is suppose to allow you to dial in a "vintage tube distortion" emulation sound. I just sent my NA650 off to Eden to have them fix it. Other than that little issue, I'm VERY pleased with the head. It sounds exactly like a Eden WT550 to my ears.
  2. Thanks for the info! I tried an Eden Nemesis 2x10 (not sure which model) a while ago. It seemed loud and had tons of bottom end and seemed to sit in well with a band. However I felt that it was a little bit boomy and lacked clarity in some instances. What do you think?
  3. Quadzilla

Well I don't have a Nemesis cab and have never tried one. I run Aguilar cabs with the Nemesis head (Aggie 2x12 and 2x10)...
  4. Quadzilla

Got my NA650 back from Eden. Works like a champ!!!
  5. tried one and loved it, to my ears sounded very similar to the WT550 (as mentioned above), I'm just not a fan of the blue case!
  6. Thanks for the info guys! I'm in 2 minds about buying this amp. I've read nothing but good review about the Nemesis products. However I tried a 2x10 combo and it sounded a little boomy to me with a lack of definition. It might be worth buying just the head and getting a different cabinet as I think the cabinets may be responsible for the boominess.
  7. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Got a NA650 coming down from Canada. $558 shipped NIB.

Been waffling between a WT550 and a iAmp800 for weeks now. I need a seperate that can run below 4 ohms. Luckily, it looks like my indecision has saved me a few Bens on price.

I agree that the stated power ratings on the Nemesis site seem a bit disingenuous perhaps. The 440 at 4 ohms should be shown there. An oversight maybe? :eyebrow:

Different strokes and all, but I think the blue NA amps look great!
  8. Quadzilla

It's damn warm for an all solid state head. So far, I'm really digging it! Oh, the back of the head REALLY differs from the pic on Eden's site. way more inputs and outputs. Tuner out, DI, STEREO effects loop, 2 speakons vs 1 shown, etc, etc. THe on;y downside is the head weighs 10 more lbs that Eden specs it at. THey say it weighs 18 lbs. My postal scale reads 28 lbs! Big difference. I think that they must have beefed up the transformer at the last minute. It's a BEEFY transformer and most of the weight of the head is coming from that...
  9. Matt H

Matt H

Jul 30, 2005
    Ithaca, NY
    i don't suppose this thing does 2 ohms?
  10. Quadzilla

It sure does. That's one of the main reasons why I got it!
  11. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Mine's here now. Sounds good.

And yes, it weighs 28lbs. Ugh.
  12. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    wow, thats a HUGE difference...over 50% increase in weight.
  13. Quadzilla

I tell ya, the more I play this head, the more I like it. Jammed again with it last night. Wide range of tones, warm beefy sound. Top notch.

On the other hand, I borrowed a Nemesis Silver Series 1x12 combo (120 watt) from the local music store and gave that a shot and I was very unimpressed with that unit. Not real loud, speaker rattles at higher volumes and it's just plain cheap feeling. My advice is steer clear of the Silver Series, but the NA series is top notch!
  14. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    My only thing is at 28 pounds I would want to get alot more power at 4 ohms. You could go with the Kustom Groovebass at around the same weight and a lower price...
  15. Quadzilla

Well, I've owned both the Groove Bass and the Eden and power wise, the Kustom wins for sure. Tone wise, I'd have to give the slight edge to Eden...
  16. Addni

May 16, 2009
    Akureyri, Iceland
    you sent it for repair due tue the Edge button ? Was there alot of difference, I've always found that button to be a little useless.. It does something, but you really have to listen for it to notice just a minor difference.

But I really like the head, sounds GREAT with my FBass BN5 and most other basses i've run trough it.

Got it with Nemesis 4x10 and 2x12 cabs