Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone tried the Line 6 Bass Pod XT?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Arcy, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Arcy

Arcy

Jul 4, 2003
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Any good?

Right now I'm using the Tech21 Sansamp Bass Driver DI. Anyone compared the two by any chance?

Anything out there that's better than these two for direct-recording?

2. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Banned

Mar 10, 2003
    I have the original bass pod, I love it for synth bass pedal stuff. It does the job, I cant compare it to others becuase it's all I've got. mp3s of it at: http://runbeerrun2.tripod.com

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    This is another one of the bass gadgets that I would have loved to have really been impressed with. I never played with the effects but I wouldn't really recomend them for that not really enough parameters to edit unless you hook it up to computer.

Now I'm really gonna lean towards the you gotta try it really. Some people slam it some people love it. I thought it was ok, it sounded good but I didn't notice massive changes between amps. No really character I'd say, to me there were some lovely tones in that kidney but not as a specific amp if thats what your after.

Maybe I was expecting to much as always plugging into the B-15 and still not being able to play like Jamerson really killed the unit for me :D

I've not tried the sansamp but from what i've heard about it I'd lean away from the pod, there good but not mind blowing. Maybe if you give us a little more info like what sound your after exactly so I can contradict my self later on.

4. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    I have the XT, and what I've noticed is it sounds very different with different basses. With some basses, there doesn't seem to be a lot ofdifferece between the amp sounds, but with others, there's a big difference. Also, you have to have the unit set on live with an amp. If you have it set on DI and use it with an amp, the amps sound very similar.