Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone tried the new Avatar Neo cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Da LadY In Red, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Hey, I'm wondering if anyone's tried either of the 2 new Avatar Neo cabs? I can't seem to find a review online or either of them.

I'm particularily interested in the 2x10, but the 4x10 would be fine.

It appears the Neos are so much better that he stopped selling the original 4x10 and 2x10 cabs.

Anyone tried 'em at all?

Thansk for the help!

2. I was getting ready to ask the same question before I found this thread. Sorry, I haven't tried them, but was wondering if anyone had opinions about these. The 4x10 cab seems to sell for a bit less, is tuned lower than the standard 4x10 cab.

Mag...

3. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    I haven't tried them, but if you go to the "Eminence" website, you can read all about the differences in the speakers... I'm going to to go with the "Pro" 210 cabinet... It is only a little bit more then the other two, and those Kappa Pro 10 inch cast frame speakers are beasts!

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I sent Dave an email a week or two ago, about the new Neo cabs...

I haven't heard these cabs, but according to Dave.... In terms of frequecy response, they go a little deeper, & aren't quite as efficent.

5. Bump: On harmony-central.com There's a review in the user reviews section on the Neo 2x10. Just thought the guys interested in that cab would like to know that.