anyone tried the new Fender amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cole, Oct 9, 2000.

1. cole

Sep 14, 2000
    that is, the new(ish) Bassman line. I've pretty much given up trying out gear (I never have any money anyway), but I think the 400 in particular looks pretty neat, what with the built-in rackspace.
  2. White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, I personally have heard some pretty good things about them, though I haven't played any personally. I think that this topic was brung up a short while ago, try searching the forum here and see if those posts aren't still around.

Also, if you happen to be a member of the FDP, that topic has come up quite frequently. You might try searching there as well.

You've given up trying out gear! Oh, no! Never give up: this way you know what you what to spend...AHEM...invest your money on later! :)
  3. VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    I was checking out small practice amps and the 25 watt combo was very impressive. There were a couple of other bass players in the store at the time and compaired to the SWR 1-10" combo and even a much larger Ampeg combo the little Fender had better tone. I think Fender has done their homework on this series of amps.
  4. I am a very satisfied user of a Bassman 100. I spent hours a/b ing the thing with the 400, and would have bought the 400 if I could have afforded it.

I really don't go for the SWR type hifi sound ( I played through a Redhead at a jam last Sunday, and thought it vastly inferior to my Basman). The Bassman gives me what I want. The DI is excellent as well..and has a level knob independent of the gain and power amp volume knobs. Thýs has solved my age old row wýth sound guys who don't seem able to handle a straight DI signal.