1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone tried the new Ibanez EDB400?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve2, Mar 25, 2006.

1. steve2

steve2

Sep 23, 2001
    Piney Flats, TN
    I played one today and I thought for the money it is a great bass. The tone I thought was very good and it played really well. The body on them are now made of Basswood. Just wondering what your alls opinion are on them.

Thanks

Steve

2. buddysilver

buddysilver

Feb 7, 2010
    Reading, PA
    Even though this topic was created 4 years ago....

I love my EDB400 I have now owned it for about a year now, I think the whole tone of it is wonderfull, the neck is slim which is a good thing for me, the body is really contoured, and the 3 band EQ is great when I need to change tone for a certain song.

3. Searching is a good thing. It's always best to revive old threads rather than start new ones. Is this considered recycling?

Glad you're enjoying your EDB400 bass. The Ergodyne basses were very well made from the body contour to the jack placement. They were unjustly under-rated at the time they were being sold. Luckily for buyers now realizing their value and shopping for them second-hand, resale values are rather low.

You should post a pic. TB members like pictures.

4. kreider204

kreider204

Nov 29, 2008
    I didn't realize they stopped making them. That's too bad - I was looking at them a couple of years ago, and almost bought one.

Hmm, there's a nice cheap one on eBay ...

6. erdodyne.