Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone tried the updated Ashdown's?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TampaBlues, Mar 9, 2004.

1. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    The Electric Blue series now puts out 180 watts. I'm thinking the 12" one would make a great Practice/rehearsal combo.
    [​IMG]

The mag series now put out 300 watts. This one looks pretty sweet.
    [​IMG]

2. wilson

wilson

Feb 16, 2004
    i use the EB twice a week, its a good amp, good for rehearsing.
    the **** thing about ashdown ... they take AGES to provide goods

i bought my mag 300 head and mag 4x10 cab over a month ago now, and im still chasing it up

STILL WAITING ...

they tell me "it'll be in at the end of the week" .. every week

*sob*

3. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Do you have the 12" combo or the 15"? If you have the 12" Do you use a five string and if so how does it handle the low B?

4. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    When I bought my Ashdown ABM500 EVO rackmount head (from Gard over at Bass Central), He scheduled a drop ship from the distribution house and I had it in less than a week! No problem there for me. That was last year. Maybe they are more popular now and delivery times have lengthened.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've got a original Ashdown MAG 12-200 (1x12 @ 130watts to the 8 ohm internal speaker) and it is a trooper at rehearsals. I don't play Metal but I do play upfront with a 5 string (6 string too soon).

and I bought mine off eBay and had great response Ashdown UK. I'd lost one knob and the light on the UV meter went out. I emailed throught the site to find out what I needed to track down @ my local radio shack to get the light on again... long story short, a week or so later I got a free package from the UK containing a new knob, lamp and UV meter!!!!!

Great Company to deal with!!!!

Wilson: maybe you need a better retailer!

6. wilson

wilson

Feb 16, 2004
    oh sorry, i use the EB 15"
    and use a 4 string, dont know about the low b, but the subharmonics really do move the ground so its gotta be a good sign

i dont think its the retailer, the ashdown headquarters in the uk is really small, and ive scared the retailers (sound control) half to death with my moaning, they're alot ticked off than i am now

i'll give them till friday, if no luck, then i'll just have to get my money back :(

7. Hi

I have one of the original Electric Blue 130W with a 12" speaker. I play a Spector Q5. The tone is good (even with the 5) but I do find it a little underpowered on gigs, even though most of my playing is during my churches services.

Dunc

8. TampaBlues

TampaBlues

Oct 28, 2002
    Tampa, Florida
    Thanks for the good word Dunc. Maybe the extra watts on the new ones will help with the underpowered issue.
    ;)