1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone Tried the Walrus Audio Fathom?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassist96, May 6, 2018.

1. Bassist96

Bassist96

Jan 13, 2013
    Australia
    Hey!

Have been gassing this pedal for a while. just seeing if anyone has any experience with it yet or thoughts? even a demo would be awesome?

Cheers!

2. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    It’s so ridiculously good. Absolutely the best reverb I’ve tried in that form factor. It also has tons of control for such a small pedal.

halech54 and Bassist96 like this.
  3. Bassist96

Bassist96

Jan 13, 2013
    Australia
    aw man! this sounds awesome! so you've had no issue with low end loss or volume drop?

4. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    Nah, none at all, having a tone knob really helps with keeping it separated and it gets really subby and washy with the infinite hold

5. Deak

Deak

Feb 28, 2016
    Kansas
    I've had one for about two weeks. Like @PunkRocker33133 said it's solid with the tone settings and choices of reverb type.

I searched alternatives and did the You Tube thing for what seemed like overkill and it kept coming in first compared to all of the like priced units. I'll be using it for both my bass and standard board.

The options are more than you might need but nice to have available. I found one or two setting and have not changed it, but like I said I have only had it about two weeks.

No noticeable volume drop or tone change other than the one you expect from the box settings. I have had no problems in/with the chain and no noise or negative changes evident so far.

I don't know if I will ever use it live unless I channel Gary Willis and I unexpectedly sound awesome on a solo. I doubt that or soloing will happen any time soon.

It had the sound I was looking for. Now if I could justify the Providence Anadime Chorus.

wmmj and Bassist96 like this.
  6. Bassist96

Bassist96

Jan 13, 2013
    Australia
    Cheers guys! I might just have to bight the bullet and get one haha! Sounds awesome!

7. Frodolicious

Frodolicious

May 29, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    I'm new to reverb, and was considering the MXR Reverb pedal for awhile, but the Fathom may end up winning out over it. The Youtube video with Quint Anderson was awesome!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021