Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone tried these

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by davehewitsonuk, Sep 18, 2003.

1. davehewitsonuk

davehewitsonuk

Feb 24, 2003
    Has anyone tried these effects?

in a couple of days there is a sale on at a local guitar shop, and i can get all these pedals for 1/2 price.

anyway,

Danelectro Peanut butter Delay
    Danelectro French Fries Autowah
    Danelectro Chicken Salad Vibrato
    Danelectro Surf ‘n turf £35 Compressor

i just need to know which of these are any good for bass, as im interested in getting some of them?

thanks

dave

2. the autowah should be alright i dunno about the rest though cause delay and vibrato arent that cool on the bass

3. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I have the PBJ delay. It sounds very good for the price, and is a bit more complex than the other mini danos because it has 2 footswitches. If you have big feet, you're in trouble.

Whether or not you need a delay for bass is a whole different issue.

4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    There's a reason they are half price... ;)

Seriously though, and with the risk of stepping on some toes, the Danelectro effects aren't that good, especially not for bass. Try them yourself of course, some of them might work for you, but I think you'd be better off saving the money for dedicated bass effect pedals.

5. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Step away!

Read the reviews at www.harmonycentral.com

Some are good, some aren't. For the price, several are great. I like the autowah, but on guitar, not bass -- it cuts some low end. The delay is very good. For bass, I'm not sure any of the dano minis are essential. I own 6 or 7 of 'em, and my favorite is the tremolo. However, I haven't ever needed a tremolo on bass. I just ordered the chili dog octaver, I'll let you know how that is.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    No, but I've tried the Fish Taco Ring Modulator.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Danelectro sound good for the price until you hear them next to something that is actually good for the price, then they sound bad. That is my entirely subjective opinion of course.

9. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Or put the money towards a cheap zoom or digitech bass unit. Much more band for buck. Fx quality might not be in the same league as Boss, or Line6. But the units are desiged for bass frequencies, which the dano boxes are not.