Anyone tried this before? Do you think that it can work?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassPulsar, Apr 8, 2003.

1. BassPulsar

Oct 16, 2002

I was just wondering if anyone tried to use this SoundBlaster speakers set to play bass.
    I would plug my bass into my Line6 BassPOD and then to this speakers. I just want something to play in my bedroom, but it must not colour the sound so that the POD can shine (if he is capable!!! ;) ). This particular set in the foto has the following characteristics:
    - 8 watts per sattelite
    - 19 watts subwoofer
    - 30 to 40 Hz frequency range.

Thank you all!

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Theoretically it's no problem. I use a Kennwood amp with Sony speakers with no problems.

But I'm always a bit dubious concerning the quality of Creative Labs gear, and the power handling capabilities you mention are not very reassuring.

I definitely recommend testing it before you buy.
  3. BassPulsar

Oct 16, 2002
    First of all I would like to thank you for your reply.
    Sorry to bother you, but I have some doubts:
    Why are you dubious about the quality of Creative labs gear?
    Do you think that the power handling capabilities are not sufficient for a bedroom?
    Can you suggest something else?

Once again, thanks!
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Ok, I should have clarified this, I base my experience on their soundcards.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I play direct into the mic in of my *cough*onboard sound*cough* which is piped thru a set of Yamaha 2.1 speakers sometimes. loud enough to practice, great for playing along and learning tunes from CD or MP3. I actually gave my Peavey MicroBass to my bro-in-law because the Yamaha's sounded better (amazing low 'B' thru the sub).

For guitar I play my J-Station thru the computer line in then thru the Yamaha's with good results

(also... I wouldn't buy a Creative product either. I had bad experiences with the sound cards in the past AND I had a creative burner stop reading disks earlier then it ever should have failed. My in-laws just bought a $20 set of creative speakers (no subwoofer) for their Comcrap. They have next to no bass response)
  6. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Heh, I tried something similar to this a few weeks ago...

I plugged my 200w Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers ( into the headphone jack of my amp using an adapter. It actually sounded pretty good, I could definitely feel the low notes a lot more.

I haven't really played this way much though, because I didn't know if this would be causing any harm to my amp/speakers
  7. Personator

Personator Guest

Mar 18, 2002
    Flemington NJ
    Ive been practicing through an altec lansing 4.1 set i bought for $99 from for months, and it workd pretty well. As long as you have a sub, it should be fine.
  8. BassPulsar

Oct 16, 2002
    Just would like to thank you all for your time.
    Very good replies...

I'am a little ceptical about spendig 100 € or more on this think. I currently use (to practice in my bedroom) a SansAmp BDDI into my all tube Laney guitar amp (12" speaker), and the sound is not that bad (low-low-low volumes, of course!!).

Do you think that the "subwoofer+satelites set" would be better than the "guitar amp + BDDI" set??

Once again... Thank you all!
  9. I have the labtec 420 system and it sucks. the satellite speakers distort like a maddog when using a bass at anything over a whisper. when I use my active bass it gets real ugly.

I've had great results iwth the 2way's over the satellite/sub setup.