Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone tried to chain power with a Boss TU-2 tuner?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 33degrees, Sep 5, 2005.

1. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    is it possible to by a cable daisy-chain and then one of those supermarket 5 dollar adaptor plugs with the oltage selector swithes they normally have and stick it in the Boss Chromatic tuner TU-2 stomp box? does it work ok or do you think its better to get a real boss or one spot? is it a big difference in the sound , if any?

2. jimbob

jimbob

Dec 26, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustica Mixcraft; Endorsing Artist: DR Strings
    I thought about doing the same thing but I bought the Boss one because I was scared.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Get it from Radio Shack so that way you can return it if it makes your set up hum.

If you want to go the Boss or Visual route, forget the Boss. It will not power a lot of pedals (only 200mA). The Visual will set you back about 10 bucks more but it will power more pedals (1700 mA) and will come packed with the necessary cables and connectors.

The power supply feature of the TU2 and the LS2 is not really a "feature" IMHO. You can plug a Boss adapter straight into a daisy chain cable and connect your pedals directly and it will work just like a Visual or a Godlyke albeit with a little less "juice". No need to go through the Boss pedals' "power supply" port.

4. 33degrees

33degrees

Jun 4, 2005
    Spain
    ok yea i think i'll have to splash out on the visual.