Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone try a bartolini cb mm in a flea bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Mar 23, 2005.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    well i think im giving up on my hunt for a lane poor for my modulus flea. ive got two flea basses. one with a lane poor and the other has the crappy bartolini that comes in flea basses. ive heard and read that the newer bartolini cb4mm pup sounds just like a lane poor but i dont know anyone that has tried it personally. has anyone tried or heard this new bart? im really afraid to try it cause ive never heard a bartolini pup ive liked. ANYONE with experience with the cb4mm in a flea bass that can compare it to a lane poor? anyone?

2. 513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
  3. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    why do need two flea basses with lane poors? why not have a different pickup in one of them so that they are different from one another? i dunno.

why is the bartolini "crappy"?? do you not like the tone of it? what preamps are in your flea basses? same in both??

4. 513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i probably dont need two of them. i do have two of them. i like the sound of the lane poor bass and hate the sound of the bart bass. i want to have the same set up so when i change basses at the gig i dont have to mess with me eq settings. i have other basses for different tones. i want both flea basses to sound the same or as close as i can get. when i travel with my main band, i only take my flea basses with me on the road. i leave my more expensive basses at home. i do have different preamps in both but am going to change that after i find the pickup. as far as the bart tone, its dark but yet tinty sounding. i hate its sound. it seems like every post i put on here i need to explain myself. im just looking for a pickup that sounds as close to a lane poor as possible.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Bart CB pickups generally have a more open frequency response range, but I still wouldn't call them hifi like the lane poors

6. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    hey man, settle down! you don't HAVE to explain yourself to anyone dude... I was just wondering why you want two exact same basses, and ya, it makes sence, break a string while playing live on flea bass #1 you can just swap it for flea bass #2 and sound pretty much the same, or very close anyways.. I wish I had the resources for more basses!

I do see lane poors every once in a while for sale so you might just want to keep your eyes open.

7. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Solution-There is (or was) a Flea bass in the classifieds with a Lane Poor. Buy it. Swap the Lane into the bass with the Bart. Sell the Flea with the Bart.