1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone try a FATFINGER on a violin bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by olias, Apr 4, 2015.

1. olias

olias

Mar 30, 2006
    Amarillo, Texas
    I was looking for a way to get a bit more sustain out of my violin bass and came across an ad for the fender fatfinger bass sustain enhancer. The reviews i've read tend to make me think this is more for getting rid of deadspots, and I am a little hesitant to add weight to my headstock, as the bass already has a bit of a neck dive problem.

Has anyone tried one of these on a violin style bass?

Thanks

2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    I haven't tried it on a violin bass specifically, but it doesn't really do anything.

3. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

A fatfinger is not an effect, so you're in the wrong sub forum, but the way the thing works is that by adding mass to the end of the neck, the dead spot common to Fender style head stocks is shifted farther up the neck to a place where it's either not noticeable or won't get played. It will not increase the sustain of our violin bass. Only thing that might help with that is to string it with really fresh round wounds. Or run it through an EHX Freeze.