1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone try a Genz Benz GBE1200, 750, or 600 with a Berg HT-322?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mettec, May 11, 2006.

1. mettec

mettec

Aug 22, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I was curious if anyone has tried the Bergantino HT-322 cab with a Genz Benz GBE series heads? How is it compared to a Genz Benz GB 410T-XB2 cab?

2. autobulldog

autobulldog

Jun 7, 2006
    Recently aquired the genz600 and the bergi 210 from used sources both in good condition. They sound great together still exploring the possiblities with the amp. Only had the both of them for a couple months and cant get them apart. Highly recomend the combonation for a clear warm healthy mouth droping tone. A very clean tone yet plenty of warmth when dialed in on the pre. Can even get a little over drive which surprised me. Still looking for my favorite setting on the eq mostly always close to stright up neutral. Anyone out there have any preferances? Prefering to have the LF boost on about half way. I normally dont play super loud so i am not positive on that effect. Play mostly jazz, blues, latin and country type rock in small to medium rooms, using mostly my G&L 2000 I am able to sound better then almost any other bass that steps in the same room as far as tone at least:) Must admit i am partial to the mesa boogie amp sound into the bergintinos. But the genz has performed just as good if not better in every condition.

anyone else out there like the bergie 210?

3. mettec

mettec

Aug 22, 2005
    Minneapolis
    tried my GBE750 with the Berg HT-322 only after I bought a Genz Benz 410T-XB2. IMO the berg sounded similar to the Benz in clarity and low end but the Benz had a little more hi mids and hi's. Both are incredible sounding cabs and it is again all about preference.