anyone try a new mesa 1x12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mental Octopus, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    just looked at their website and it appears that they're making 1x12's now. i dig the mesa sound and i'm looking for something that's pretty i'm thinking that 2 of these together would be perfect. i always use 10's and 15's i'm thinking the 12's are a good compromise.
  2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I haven't tried it but I think they're making 2x12's, that may be more what you're looking for :).

On a side note, it's Mesa can't be bad :0

3. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I love 1x12's and I love Mesa. I've played through one once. Though I wasn't paying attention to the cab. I was paying attention to the walkabout I was playing it through. If I'm at the mesa store next weekend (I doubt I will be but you never know) I'll try one out and post my oppinion.
  4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Hmmm a Mesa store? Where is this store located, I'm gonna be in Cali sometime over the summer and I have extreme gas for said store.
  5. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
  6. Hmmm looks interesting, anyone know how much the 1x12's go for?
  7. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim

Apr 20, 2005
    I've put an old 12" bass speaker, in my Mesa DC-3. I was really suprized how good it sounded. I was going to use as a monitor, and run the line out to the PA, at an outdoor concert Sunday. When I got there, they already had a Hartke with 4 x 10's and a 15". So I didn't get to try it. But, I'm shure it would have worked fine.
  8. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I'm more interested in the Mesa 412 and 212's... No-one seems to have tried them though :(
  9. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I have friend who just bought the 2X12 from Gelb Music. I have not heard it yet, but it's the same size cab as the 4X10 and much lighter as the drivers are neo.