Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone try a new mesa 1x12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mental Octopus, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    just looked at their website and it appears that they're making 1x12's now. i dig the mesa sound and i'm looking for something that's pretty compact...so i'm thinking that 2 of these together would be perfect. i always use 10's and 15's together...so i'm thinking the 12's are a good compromise.

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I haven't tried it but I think they're making 2x12's, that may be more what you're looking for :).

On a side note, it's Mesa can't be bad :0

:bassist:

3. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I love 1x12's and I love Mesa. I've played through one once. Though I wasn't paying attention to the cab. I was paying attention to the walkabout I was playing it through. If I'm at the mesa store next weekend (I doubt I will be but you never know) I'll try one out and post my oppinion.

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Hmmm a Mesa store? Where is this store located, I'm gonna be in Cali sometime over the summer and I have extreme gas for said store.

5. DubDubs

DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    http://www.mesaboogiehollywood.com/

6. Hmmm looks interesting, anyone know how much the 1x12's go for?

7. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim

Apr 20, 2005
    I've put an old 12" bass speaker, in my Mesa DC-3. I was really suprized how good it sounded. I was going to use as a monitor, and run the line out to the PA, at an outdoor concert Sunday. When I got there, they already had a Hartke with 4 x 10's and a 15". So I didn't get to try it. But, I'm shure it would have worked fine.

8. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I'm more interested in the Mesa 412 and 212's... No-one seems to have tried them though :(

9. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I have friend who just bought the 2X12 from Gelb Music. I have not heard it yet, but it's the same size cab as the 4X10 and much lighter as the drivers are neo.