Anyone try Ampeg PBC228

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by furiously funky, Mar 8, 2005.

1. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    As far as i know this is a new 2x8 from the porta bass line. Im just looking for something small that could live in my locker at school (biigg locker)
    has anyone tried these? let me know what you think and how much you spent on yours.
  2. mikeluch

mikeluch Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Ocala, FL
    I am curious myself. Looking for a very portable rig and this seems perfect.
    Has anyone tried one???
  3. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

Bump. Anyone? :hyper:

Peace, and Happy Holidays everyone!
  4. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

Thanks David.

5. Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    A Euphonic Audio Wizzy 200 combo would make a great lightweight amp to keep at school, if you can find one at a good price. Another very lightweight possibility might be the Wizzy cabinet with a used Acoustic Image Clarus head ...

But another great option, although a bit heavier than the Ampeg or Wizzy, is the new Eden Nemesis Silver Series. I'm amazed at the punchy sound they get, especially the 2x8 model. Cheaper than the Ampeg, also ...

Best of Luck!
  6. txw123

Jan 4, 2006
    I have one of the 228 combo's, and I was actually quite surprized by the sound and tone it puts out. I use it mostly for practice at home, and not at loud volume, but it handles both a p bass and a G&L 1505 pretty good. I got mine thru a trade at Bass Northwest in Seattle. I had previously been using a Fender Showman head with an Acme single 10 cabinet for practice and jamming with friends. the ampeg is great for that kind of stuff. The amazing thing for me was that they can get a good bass tone out of 2 8" speakers...don't write it off without a demo.