Anyone try out the new SansAmp pre???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JohnL, Jul 24, 2001.

1. JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Just curious, it looks like a pretty good deal. It appears they added a mid control and a master level for the xlr send, but is it mainly a rack-mount version of the BassDriver?. So far, the only place I've seen it is in BP. Anyone know what the street price is?
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The average sale price that I've seen is about $300. I haven't tried one yet...
  3. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Hey Guys... I got one about 2 weeks ago.. I've only tried it on a few gigs and I like it so far... Average price is between $275.00-$299.00.. I paid $265.00 at Guitar Center.. It was the 1st one they had received and I already had prices fron a few sources.. It's a great unit, very much like the pedal and I especially love the blend and presence controls.. It may not have the tube transparency of some higher end preamps, but you can get pretty close to it... Try one out for yourselfs... Best of Luck... Steve.....
  4. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i haven't, but i love the BassDriver. But if i mention getting one of those for $185 in my house, i'm affraid i'm going to be crucified. [​IMG]