Anyone try Rogaine?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kratekyle, Apr 15, 2005.

1. I did a search on it here in off topic yesterday. Mostly what I found was you guys telling each other when your hair started thinning, (or bragging about your thick hair at 50). Rogaine was only spoken of in passing.

I am in my early 30's but look much younger. My hairline has been receding (sp?) very slowly since 25. I have noticed it is getting much worse in the last year. I am not losing it in the back, only the front. I am not a vein person, but I don't want it to get any worse.

Anybody use Rogaine (or anything else)? Does it work? If so, how much does it cost?
  2. I believe it was on TB that someone said something very like:

"Rogaine worked very removing money from me and not much else."
  3. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    It's a waste of money. I started losing my hair when I was about 16. Tried the Rogaine/Propecia thing in my early twenties. It doesn't work, and I pissed away a lot of money! Eventually went to a rug - gasp!!! Got rid of that fgriggin thing in my early thirties and just shaved my head instead. Now at 44, I never realized that I could be so "hip".

Don't worry about being bald. A lot of women find it very sexy anyway. Just be yourself, and don't worry about what other people think. Confidence comes from knowing who you are; it's what's in your head, not on your head, that counts!
  4. I use Rogaine and have been for about 6-8 months now. It works really well...only downside is it can tend to make your scalp itch for the first couple of weeks. Costs about $50 for a four month supply up here, your price may be lower. My hair started thinning in the back, so I used it for a couple months and started to see some small hairs growing back in. The box advises that you won't see results for at least 2 months. Try it out and see if it works for you.
  5. Forgot to mention....Rogaine will not work on receding hairlines. Only people who are experiencing thinning hair on the "vortex" (back).
  6. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    When i loose my hair i will try something like rogain... it will be called... a hat and a shave... :)
  7. Accept and greet the inevitable with good grace and humour.

Number 1 setting on the electric clippers works for me. ;) ;)
  8. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
  9. My brother used Rogaine for a while...and well, he's totally bald now, if that tells you anything. It's a shame, he started balding at 16, now at 20, he's done.
  10. If it gets to that point, I will be O.K. with shaving my head etc., I think that I would be a good looking bald guy. I would just rather not . I won't be losing any sleep over it

I guess my hair isn't really receding, It's just thinning in the front. Maybe the Arizona sun is making this happen faster.
  11. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

maybe your forehead is just growing?
  12. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    ...and now, some serious advice: Just wear your hair an inch longer in the back for every inch your hairline recedes in the front - people will just think your hair is sliding off the back of your head.

Sorry to be so silly at the expense of your thread - I'm giddy from reecieving a new amp in the mail just moments ago! (thanks babaseen!)
  13. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Hey, your a bass player. Buy the obligitory beret and don't worry about it!
  14. You guys make me laugh!!
  15. for those who are loosing their hair... look at my beautiful hair

I know in a few years, I'll probably lose most of it
  16. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    You just had to show up, didn't you Antipop? Always showing off your long locks of hair :bawl:

17. Any chance I get.

uestion is, should I shave them if I start balding....

I don't think I will
  18. There's always someone..... suprised it wasn't me. :D
  19. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Ok... you are sad that you loosing your hair? there is only one cheap solution that wont cost you a thing... grow a

20. 'JC'

Mar 14, 2000
    Thanks for keeping things in perspective for me.
    I'm in my early twenties and already getting gray hair. :spit:

I heard Rogaine was to prevent more hair from being lost though, not an actual solution to regrow it.