Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone try the Hartke strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Dec 31, 2003.

1. I know I more than likely won't be using thsoe considering that I use Smiths..I was still wondering, if anyone has tried 'em, how are the Hartke strings?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Don't think they're public yet. Sent in my offer about 3 or 4 weeks ago, should be arriving soon. Will let you know.

3. I've seen them in Sam Ash, I don't mean one or 2 sets, I mean boxes and boxes...and I see people eyeball them but don't purchase them..lol..

4. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Mine haven't come in yet. I think they should be coming any day though.

5. kmacleish

kmacleish

Nov 19, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Just joining the chorus of those who are waiting for their $3 strings to show up. I'll be watching this space and posting my impressions as well.

6. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Aluminum strings can't sound all that good, can they???

7. We'll know when each of us that ordered the $3.00 set get ours in the mail!

I ordered a set a few weeks ago and I'm still waiting too.

Will post back when they arrive!

[​IMG]
    Treena

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

How will they drive the pickups? I guess that they would work with piezos or Lightwaves!

:D

9. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Even Fender isn't out of touch or silly enough to offer aluminum strings, fellas. The .pdf file for the Hartke string offer shows the package that clearly says "nickel wound".

My spider sense says that they're probably being made by D'Addario.

;)