Anyone try the Metal Muff at NAMM?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ole Jason, Jan 23, 2006.

1. I spotted the new muff at NAMM but didn't have a chance to go in the booth. Did they have one hooked up? I think they had a new POG too
  2. Metal Muff??? Tell me about it!
  3. sounds interesting. And a new pog?! :eek:
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    All the info we have is right here:

As far as the POG, I've heard nothing of a "new" one. Just the same old one that many have.
  5. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
  6. I think I just wet myself- awesome new stuff.

What's "Top Booster" mean though? More treble? :eyebrow:
  7. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    I heard the Metal Muff on guitar at NAMM.It sounds like a Triple Rectifier! I also heard the Mini Muff, it sounds somewhere in between the Russian and American Big Muff......
  8. yes
  9. But why bother having a pedal for guitar (which I take it the Metal Muff is) that adds treble? :eyebrow: :confused:
  10. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    treble isn't necessarily a bad thing when it comes to bass. It just depends on the sound you're after. If you don't like that twangy, gritty distorted bass sound, then this pedal prolly isn't for you. Treble is just part of the sound spectrum. Everyone's spectrum is shaped differently depending on the desired sound.

Also, the top boost may be optional (like a seperate switch).
  11. No no, I totalllllly dig treble in my sound :)

But my understanding was that this was a guitar pedal, not meant specifically for bass, or both bass and guitar.

True? :eyebrow:
  12. actually a lot of guitar gods from the 60's and 70's had treble boosters--eric clapton, jimmy page, tony iommi, and i think brian may, but i'm not sure...
    EDIT: plus vox is known for their treble boosted amps aren't they?
  13. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Man, that multitracker looks like it would slay me...

14. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    I wonder if it is a Dallas Rangemaster type of boost.
  15. I was thinking of the HOG, not a new POG. The HOG definately looks cool though.

I'll prolly get the metal muff for sure
  16. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I'm gonna selfishley bump this thread and ask if anyone knows anything more about the HOG yet other than that it'd bankrupt me. A POG has been on my GAS list for a while and now they come along with something with even more controls and an ever larger price tag!
  17. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Massive pic of the HOG:

Oh... good... lord. It has -2 octaves all the way up to +4 octaves. BASSQUAKE! I'm gonna go take my 6 string and demolish me some buildings. Call Accugroove and tell them to put a Whappo Grande on hold :D.

If you look, the ring of LEDs is for the expression pedal, has octave bend, step bend, volume, wah, filter and more. Since I've been wanting a wah, a whammy, a POG and a volume pedal, maybe I can justify the price now!

Oooh, midi control and a footswitch as well! This thing has it all!
  18. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA

Yeah, really! GAS ATTACK!!
  19. oh god. i dont think ive ever wanted something so badly

has anyone attempted one on bass yet?
  20. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Oh man..... That HOG Looks freaking amazing... I was thinking of getting a Microsynth and a POG...

That looks like it does both... And then some...