1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone try the new roger waters P bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cosmicpimp2, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Don't have a P bass and was thinking about looking at one of these. Seem pretty cool

2. I'm pretty sure it plays and sound exactly like a p bass :bag:

3. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Its not even a good copy.

4. Catbuster

Catbuster Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Louisville, KY.
    I love how you guys judge it before you actually play it...

5. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Welome to talkbass. ;)

6. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I havent played it, but I want to! Im with Tommy though.. its really not a good copy. Its a bit different than the P he is famous for.

It looks really cool though. I would rock it.

7. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
  8. ^
    I was going to mention that!

9. parsons

parsons

Feb 22, 2008
    Maryland
    damn you all. I wanted to read what someone who has actually played it thought before I drive myself to actually get off my ass to go try one.

10. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
  11. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
  12. I believe he said that the graphic is removable.

13. DizzyExiled

DizzyExiled

Jan 22, 2010
    Chico, Ca
    If you put this bass next to a david gilmour strat they both will take off in opposite directions like two rare earth magnets placed South to South.

14. pringlw

pringlw

Nov 22, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Is it CIJ?

15. I'd have to change out those chrome tuners for black just to match the rest of the hardware, but that's just me :smug:

-Ron

16. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    MIM

17. plangentmusic

plangentmusic Banned

Jun 30, 2010
    Manhattan
    Okay.here's one...I played it, AND, I've actually payed Roger Water's bass. (But his old sunburst one).

THAT, was the sweetest thing I've ever held in my hands. For him to dispense of that instrument, his new one must be amazing.

As for the RW model -- it's nice, but nothing special. A good P with a gloss maple fingerboard and quarter pounder Duncans. Then again, it's not super expensive, so if that combo sounds like what you want, you might like it.

18. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    My Strat has the David Gilmour electronics from EMG. I just might have to buy one of these P basses just to try that! :D

19. Jason Brown

Jason Brown

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
    I agree, except I'd opt to change the knobs and bridge myself.

20. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I hear it sounds better when you let the guitarist in your band play it for you.....;)