1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone try the Sadowsky Mooradian Double Gig Bag?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Mar 22, 2006.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    im looking into getting a double gig bag. how does this one match up with the others mentioned here? its a pretty good price.

2. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    I have a couple of older Mooradian double gig bags
    The only thing I don like about them is the divider can shift around

The nice thing is that they fit some of my hollowbody basses

I am not sure if the Sadowsky Mooradians are the same as mine

Thanks

Robert VanLane

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Ok-2 things. This is probably in the wrong forum, i thought this would go in Misc rather than basses.

Ok-i've got one of said bags. I like it. I like how the divider is removable. I haven't had the issue of having the divider slide around-i typically take 2 of my 5 strings [either the Ray5 & an SX or the Ray5 & The Pilot Plus 5] when i'm back home or even here at school when i'm not sure what tone color i'm going for.

Construction wise-it seems solid, i figured, Mooradian is also the brand of my Upright bass bag, so it must be good/dependable, the fact that sadowsky is selling them is a bonus too.

I like the bag since if i just want to take 1 bass, i can take the divider out and it' just a bit bigger than a normal gig bag.

I don't have anything to compare the bag too though.

Take it easy.

4. foderaman

foderaman

Jun 14, 2005
    Highland.IL
    I have a older Sadowsky Mooradian single gig bag and it is a thinner type nylon material.I also have a Fodera Doule gig bag and the nylon is a lot thicker and will over the years probably hold up a lot better as for as tears.It is a Cordura nylon where the Mooradian is more like a thinner rip stop nylon.I have used the Fodera Gig bag for at least 7 years or so.It is really the one that gets used every gig.Alot of timesi don't use a guitar stand and just leave the zipper partly open and after a set i just put it back in .So it is very versatile in my opinion.I have not used a hard case for at least since 96 just the Fodera double gig bag.They a very well padded more so than Mooridian but they are kind of expensive.I also have a Incase Dub gig bag which I tried once and is no where as convenient as the Fodera.I hope this has helped.

5. seebee

seebee

Dec 17, 2004
    Philadelphia,Pa
    I have the double bag and it's great. Like it was said before take out the divider and it works great as a single. I also find I can put a lot of stuff in the side pouch cords and a few pedals. I overloaded the little headstock pouch and the stiching is coming loose but neddle and thread solved that. All in all it's a great bag comfortable to wear with two basses on your back.:bassist:

6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Not sure. Never have had one. I have an Undercover double bag which is excellent. I know Roger is in the process of developing his own bag similar to the Incase but with some refinements. Chances are it will be available in a double style, also

Rob