Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

anyone try the zvex lo fi looper yet?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stevekim, Jul 5, 2002.

1. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    i'd be very interested to hear how it sounds on bass.

-steve

2. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    well, i got one. it's being shipped to me as we speak. i'll post a review once i get it.

3. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Okay, well, I realize this is an old thread, but I'm interested in this thing. Steve, if you are still on Talkbass, give us a review!

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    How about I give a review? I have two of them! I use mine in a stereo FX loop, so I can have one loop going to the left and the other to the right. Whether they are optimized for bass is up to debate, but I love mine. They are lo-fi, so the loop sounds very different than the original tone. This is a good thing for me, as the loop "gets out of the way" of my playing, and sublty accompanies me. My only possible complaint is that it only records 20 seconds at the most, but for most applications that is plenty of time.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, stevekim! I will gladly consult with you on your next FX purchase, for a nominal fee, of course.:D

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Do it !
    I'm very interested in hearing it with a bass.

6. stevekim

stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    oh man, this is so old! i DID get a zvex lofi looper and ended up selling it. the loops had a wonderful, grainy quality to it (sort of like an old, dusty record) but i found it a bit difficult to get precise loops out of it and you can't overdub (serious bummer! this would have been the coolest looper ever if it had overdub capabilities!)