Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone up for a cheap Pedulla?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackbird, Nov 4, 2000.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Just found this beauty on eBay and thought someone might be interested. It's a series II with a bolt-on neck, but it's decently priced and a good instrument. Now will someone PLEASE go there and buy it before I do? That thing is driving me crazy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=483316771

Will C.:cool:

2. I guess that you'll just have to take his word on the transparent flame finish. It sure looks solid from the pictures.

3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I sure that I had some cash on hand. That bass would sure ease a lot of GAS pains....:D

4. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Ham, I'm pretty sure it's a solid red finish, but who cares? I don't need the bass, as My Zon probably matches it in some ways and probably surpasses it on others (Just me rationalizing why I don't need the bass. It's a problem I have, please bear with me), but it would be a nice addition to a bass collection. Gotta go rationalize some more now.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't need another 4 string, unless it is a Buzz!:D

I am a big fan of Pedulla, if it was a 5 or a fretless I might consider it. Good price, I wonder what the reserve is?

6. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    There is no reserve! If there were, it would be stated whether it was met or not. That's why it's giving me major GAS.

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    embellisher -

How about a fretless 5? See my ad under "For Sale". Then make me an offer. You won't find a better sounding bass. Trust me on this.

8. DANG! DANG! DANG!!!

If I did`nt just get the van out of the shop($569.00 thank you very much...)I would be biddin on that thar fancypants pedulla! She looks sweet!:)

9. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I wouldn't worry too much about missing this auction. The Series II never impressed me that much. The only thing distinctively Pedulla about it was the MVP body shape; of the ones I tried, the setup and sound left me wanting. There's probably a good reason why they were discontinued.

10. embellisher

If you look closely, it's not even the genuine MVP body shape. It looks 'kind-of-like-it', but not exactly.

And I don't think that the Series II came in exotic woods. I think they were solid color finished garden variety soft maple.

Munji, I would like to have your TB5, but I can't afford it now, and really want a PentaBuzz, although a used Buzz would work as well.

11. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Actually guys, i wouldnt doubt that its solid flame maple. Transparent red finishes NEVER show in pictures (or, very rarely), because of something with the camera, theres a technical reason why. And i dont remember it. But most wood stained red almost never shows the figuring, unless taken at a weird angle. Same applies to black, but not because of the camera, and to less of an extent. Anyway, its very hard to show the figuring on a red bass with a picture.

12. embellisher

That could be true, MegaA, but IIRC they didn't make that model in fancy woods, it was their budget line. Unless it was a special order, but that would defeat the purpose of getting a lower price due to mass production.

Of course, some people have more money than sense, so maybe it WAS a special order.

13. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    So did someone end up bidding on it?

I guess I should look. I'm glad I got it off my mind.:D