1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone upgraded a Fender MIM Jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkysurfer, Jan 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was playing a stock MIM Jazz the other day and I liked the way it played. I want to know, has anyone upgraded to active electronics, and if so, what did they use, and what do they think? I am in the market for a solid 4 string, and I really love the way the Ernie Ball Stingray plays and sounds for the money. However, I am looking for that kind of punch, but I would also like versatility. I play both percussively and melodicly and I was wondering if I could get that punch and versatility out of the MIM Jazz with upgraded electronics? Any feedback and/or insight will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance

2. We dance all over this topic about once a week. Check my profile, and observe:

[​IMG]

I love my upgraded MIM Jazz. No actives for me, though.

Chris

3. I upgraded my MIM Jazz and I've had a lot of questions about when I got my new bass!

I used the same DiMarzios as Throbbinut, plus I shielded the pot cavity and pickup cavity AND pickguard. Where before I had to hold on to my bass to avoid feedback and hum from other electronics and everything, now I can stand with my arms above my head and there isn't a bit of noise.

It's a rockin' setup now, and I'm really glad that I made the changes.

Chuck

4. FS,

Since this is more of a setup question, I moved your original post to the Setup forum. you can continue it there. This one is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.