1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Anyone use 2 of the Ampeg 410HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sedan_dad, Apr 16, 2006.

1. sedan_dad

sedan_dad Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    I'm thinking it might be a easy way to transport the 810 sound in two smaller boxes.

2. Yips,

I do, old version, 200 watts pieces, and I've always been happy with the sound and the response. They just aren't very efficient, but maybe the new ones are better.
    Main advantages over 8x10: 1. You have two speakers: on small gigs, you can take just one, or leave one at the rehearsal room and one at home, just taking your head with you. 2. You can handle them on your own.

Bah, just good stuff :) . Sealed sound, loud enough.
    Grtz!

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    have you A/B them with the 410HLF?

4. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    The HE isnt like the HLF. I consider the HLF to be a good stand alone cab, but the HE is better paired with another cab. I have used the 410HE alone and it sounds good, but it doesnt have much low end on its own. I have used the PR410HLF stand alone & it sounded loud, punchy & full. I sometimes use my 410HE as a stage monitor mic'd through the PA and it works great, but doesn't really carry the room.

In the past I used a pair of 410HE cabs and together they dont sound exactly like the 810E. The Pair of 410HE's didnt quite have enough low end for my needs. I actually prefer a 410HE + 15E for solid low & and plenty of punch.