1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone use 2x Carvin MB115 Extension cabs as a 2x15 stack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Joe Kyle, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut
    Afternoon, all!

I was looking into 15" cabinets to use with my bassman 100t, as well as my Markbass LMII.

This one: http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/115MB

Looked promising. Small, 60lbs for two modular, sealed 115s. Add my tube head on top, and, though it looks a little goofy, weighs in at under 120 Lbs.

Have been looking through this thread: http://www.talkbass.com/threads/new-carvin-micro-bass-combo-amps.674862/ But haven't really found anything concrete yet.

Other Cabinets I have, both 8 ohms:

Anyone have any experience with the 115mb extension? How well would it play with my 2x10?

Cheers!

2. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    Gasaholic
    Funny, I was just looking at the Carvin site thinking the same thing. A GK MB500 and that stack seems like it would be ideal.

3. Not a crazy idea. I used to rock two EAW 1x15s with an SVT blueline. Not the same as a fridge, but OMG all the same.

The Avatars may need to remain solo acts, though.

4. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut

This is what I was thinking. I probably wouldn't combine the 2x10 with it for live situations. The 2x12/2x10 stack sounds good on its own, I was thinking two modular 15's for a different sound/ super micro application.

5. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    If you check the Carvin MB micro fan club you will see a guy who the the MB115 combo along with the MB115E extension, which is basically the two cabs with a BX250 head on it. He loved it, used it as a backline for a bunch of bands and got nothing but compliments. The Markbass will be pushing more watts of course but as long as you don't expect HUGE volume and low end, it should fit the bill nicely.

6. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut

Excellent. I'm still working through that thread. Ideally (although it would look a little funny) I'd like to run my Bassman 100T with it. The funny thing is, I don't have a true preference for either amp, really. The Bassman 100T has the tone I'm looking for (through the same 2x10), but if I don't feel like hauling it, the LMII does just what I need it to as well, without too much tweaking to get back into the same realm. I lose the drive channel, but you have to make some compromises, right?

7. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Start at the last page and work back because it wasn't that long ago. Maybe a few of months. He included some nice photos of the stage.