Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone use a 115 & 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Oldie but noobe, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Just curious. I have an Avatar 115 Neo I was thinking of adding a 112. I will use am 800 RB & SR5 with it.

2. I too play a SR5 as you may know from the EB forums. My head is a GK 1001-RB-II and I run GK Neo cabs. A 2x12 and a 1x15. The setup sounds great with the SR5. I like the way the 12s and the 15 sound together.

3. doesn't Brad Johnson use Nahas 1x15 and 1x12 cabinets?

robb.

4. I think it would do fine.
    BTW, How does that NEO do for you? I have a B115H with Kappa Pro LF...HEAVY!
    Gary

5. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I always use a 15. 15's can sound totally different and a lot of them are midrange heavy and don't even drop below 55 Hz. I just sold a GK 115lb that dropped to 30 Hz at 106 spl and when hooked up with an Aggie GS 112 through a QSC with either the Ada MB 1 or Bass Pod it was some serious earth shaking clarity.

6. I should have said, I am getting one I ordered one last Friday.
    I will let you know.
    I just won a Avatar 112 tonight I will try them out together. I may get a second 112 later . I have read that two 112s are better that a 212.

7. I'm running a 112 and a 115. Nothing in my rig is top-shelf gear by any stretch of the imagination, but I like the way the combination sounds. I'd like to get bag end cabs in the future, in the same configuration. I'll bet your rig will sound real good when you add a 12. I'm not good at describing equipment in terms of sound, so I'll just say that the combination sounds "sweet."