1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Anyone use a 210+112?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jtc_hunter, Mar 5, 2008.

1. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    if you use a 210 and a 112, are you satisfied? Pros and Cons?

2. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    I use a 210 and a 112. and then another 112. I understand why people pair speakers that are more contrasted in size than a 10 and a 12. For example, a 15 and a 10. I love my setup, which is two 112s and a 210. If I had a mono head that could not handle less than 4 ohms, I would sell my two 112s and get a 212. What kind of music are you playing (how many guitars, how hard does your drummer hit, etc.)?

3. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    IN about a month I'll have an Avatar 112 to compliment my Behr. 210. I've heard a 210/112 rig at the local music shop and loved it. Not too boomy, very clear.

4. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    I think if you ran full range in a mono amp, a 112+210 would have less issues with one cab being louder than the other. Do you bi-amp your GK? I don't know very much about GK bi-amp system, but I am assuming it is mainly for use with GK cabs?

5. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I run my GK full range and I do think my 212 is louder than my 210. Just wondering if I might be better off w/ a 112 than a 212. More balanced, less weight?

6. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Better. Depends on what better is to you. If your rig is overkill, then yes it might be better. But if your guitarist has a 4x12 and a high wattage tube amp, then it's probably not overkill. The sound might be more balanced and you will have less weight to carry. You will lose some volume though, that's the trade off.

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I run Avatar cabs...B210 and a SB112 (both non neo).

8. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I used to use an Eden 210XLT with an Avatar SB112 with the Delta 12LF.The Eden was loud enough for most of my gigs by itself but with the 112 added it was just great.Plenty of punch and very good bottom and volume with a five string, my favorite cabinet setup untill I got the 310 cab I've got now.