Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone use a BBE Sonic Max.?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by dsmith, Jun 21, 2001.

1. dsmith

dsmith

Mar 29, 2001
    Mt. Vernon, KY
    Anyone using this on their p.a. or mains? Would like some input on what to expect. From the description it is exactly what we need and are looking for. Any help is appreciated.

2. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Hi I use a BBE for our P.A. as well as my bass rig. Our guitar player also used one. They're great. They really clear up the sound. The bes way I can describe it is without one it's like having a blanket over your speakers, with one it's like removing the blanket. The sound is clear, more articulate and the lows seem deeper and tighter at the same time. Check 'em out. I highly recomend them.

3. I realize that I'm not answering your question; however, I use a BBE 362NR in my bass rack and it makes the lows and highs much more defined.
    I'm sold on "the process."

4. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I have two: an 862 and a 362NR.I use the 862 in the loop of my bass amp and it improves the sound appreciably.I used to use the 362NR for recording but now that I have a digital setup I don't feel the need as often.I have used the 362 in a PA and there it made a noticeable difference.

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany