Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Anyone use a Clarus w/ a Wizzy?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ole Jason, May 3, 2005.

1. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    My Clarus is in the mail so now starts the hunt for a sub 30lb cab to go along with it. Does anyone have experience using the Wizzy w/ a Clarus? Did you run the Wizzy alone or with something else?

I have a couple of Aguilar 12's so I could presumably use one of those (8ohm) with the Wizzy (4ohm) to get around a 2.6ohm impedence? Is that right?

I'll be using the Clarus in a small jazz combo so big volume isn't a big deal I just want something portable with good tone.

2. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I recently bought a Flite cabinet that I'm very happy with. I wanted a 1x12 a bit smaller than the one they offered in their regular production line so I could carry it in a shoulder bag. They were happy to custom build it to my specs. I dropped a 450 watt neo speaker in it and now I have a 15lb cab that works great for those jazz gigs that get louder and louder as the night goes on.

3. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Oh yeah, I have a wizzy too and kicks major bootay but for small jazz gigs I think it is overkill - thats why I suggested the Flite.