Anyone use a Genz Benz amp or cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gsummer, May 6, 2001.

1. gsummer

gsummer

Feb 11, 2001
    Hi,
    I bought a Genz Benz combo amp with a 15" speaker about 2 years ago and it is working out pretty well for me, but I am curious if anyone else uses them because I've never seen another one since buying mine. I am also relatively inexperienced with gear and so I don't know how alot of different amps sound. Anyway, I would just like to know if anyone out there has played through these and what they think about them compared to other stuff out there.

2. I have a Genz-Benz 250c-115t combo and love it. I get awesome tone and clarity. It even help unveil some of my basses shortcomings that needed attention that other amps didn't even hear!! I would recommend anyone looking at new gear to at least give them a listen.

3. Jman

Jman

Mar 24, 2000
    Waterport,NY
    I use a Genz Benz GBE250C 2x10 with a 15" GB cab and been very happy with it.The 2 10's didn't give me enough bottom on there own so I bought a gb 15 cab ext and now its mint.I dont think any pair of 10's will give that low bottom.Still need that ol15 speaker.Excellent tonal range and very clean.

4. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

A GB ML-12T (135W 12"+tweeter tiltback combo) was my only amp for the last couple of years (I've since augmented it with a head/cab and will add another cab in a while). It worked flawlessly and was fine for practices and house parties. I've considered GB cabs but they are a bit heavy and large (particular the 210-XB) for what I want. The 212-XB looks pretty amazing but I'm trying to stick to pieces I can carry on my own.