Anyone use a Genz Benz amp or cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gsummer, May 6, 2001.

1. gsummer

Feb 11, 2001
    I bought a Genz Benz combo amp with a 15" speaker about 2 years ago and it is working out pretty well for me, but I am curious if anyone else uses them because I've never seen another one since buying mine. I am also relatively inexperienced with gear and so I don't know how alot of different amps sound. Anyway, I would just like to know if anyone out there has played through these and what they think about them compared to other stuff out there.
  2. I have a Genz-Benz 250c-115t combo and love it. I get awesome tone and clarity. It even help unveil some of my basses shortcomings that needed attention that other amps didn't even hear!! I would recommend anyone looking at new gear to at least give them a listen.
  3. Jman

Mar 24, 2000
    I use a Genz Benz GBE250C 2x10 with a 15" GB cab and been very happy with it.The 2 10's didn't give me enough bottom on there own so I bought a gb 15 cab ext and now its mint.I dont think any pair of 10's will give that low bottom.Still need that ol15 speaker.Excellent tonal range and very clean.
  4. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

A GB ML-12T (135W 12"+tweeter tiltback combo) was my only amp for the last couple of years (I've since augmented it with a head/cab and will add another cab in a while). It worked flawlessly and was fine for practices and house parties. I've considered GB cabs but they are a bit heavy and large (particular the 210-XB) for what I want. The 212-XB looks pretty amazing but I'm trying to stick to pieces I can carry on my own.